From $95 per person
If you are members of an Emergency Planning Committee (EPC) or a person required to manage problems and resolve issues in relation to the organisation’s facility emergency prevention process and emergency control structures, then this course is a must for you.
It covers the skills and knowledge required to manage and monitor facility emergency prevention and control structures for a complex facility or a defined group of facilities such as a building, structure or workplace, as specified in Australian Standard (AS) 3745 and AS 4083.
All aspects of this course will be undertaken in accordance with legislative requirements, organisational policies and procedures and accepted safe practices.
Participants in this course will learn how to effectively:
- Manage emergency measures, plans, procedures and practices, ensuring compliance and effectiveness
- Apply Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, including identifying hazards and controlling risks
- Manage emergency control equipment
- Monitor emergency control structures and verify results
- Record and report emergency control equipment and faults and provide suggestions for correction
- Provide advice and guidance to the emergency management planning committee and emergency control organisation
The following units will be included in your certificate:
Participants must have the physical capacity to complete all practical demonstrations.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
- Identify & implement emergency protection systems and equipment
- Monitor and review emergency control structures
- Workplace emergency checklist
- Workplace emergency plan review report
- Review safe work practices and plans
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.